An online internet dating site is (in my opinion) the easiest way to find a partner in today’s world. With the ever-increasing technology aids, not only can you correspond with someone, but also see them in real-time. It used to be that an internet dating site was a taboo and people just didn’t trust it or the quality of people they might meet. But even so, you run the same risks as if you were to actually meet the person face-to-face. What is the difference? Well, you can’t smell a person through an internet dating site!
This article was written to give free dating tips and Chinese dating sites dating advice to those who are unfamiliar to internet dating. Or maybe you’ve had a couple bad experiences and are wondering why you are running into “duds”. My dating advice is not aimed particularly at either men or women, but looks at both sides. I am not a psychologist or therapists and all dating advice and tips are my personal thoughts found through my internet dating experiences.
So why choose online dating services rather than conventional dating? I’ll list a few benefits:
- Millions of people from around the world sign up for internet dating services everyday. Also there are thousands of dating sites coming online everyday. So not only can you find a person to match your needs but also a dating service built around your specific need.
- You’re in the US, you can meet someone from Australia
- Find someone in a different state that you would enjoy visiting.
- There are Asian dating, Jewish dating, Christian dating, adult dating, senior dating, hiking dating, dog walking dating sites and the list goes on.
- Your search criteria can be more detailed, less compromising later.
- What hobbies are they into?
- What are their turn-offs?
- What are their interests
- People tend to be more honest through correspondence. You know the true person quicker.
- You can still have an online date even if you’re sick.
- It’s safe because you’re not in the same physical environment, at least initially.
- You don’t need to meet the person until you are totally comfortable. Never meet anybody unless you are 99% comfortable.
- The first date or 2nd, 3rd, and 4th should be out in public.
- Let someone know where you are going.
- Ladies, I highly recommend you bring a friend or dating Chinese women double-date!
- Do not allow the person to pick you up. Provide your own transportation
- Bring defense items – pepper spray, whistle, gps tracking device. Be careful of bringing weapons that can harm you – knife, gun, clubs…etc
- Ladies, even if the date is going well and it’s the 1st date, DO NOT be persuaded to get into a car alone with him. If he is a predator, he’ll get agitated and possibly upset. If this happens, then CONGRATULATIONS you may just SAVED YOUR LIFE and walk away now! A real gentleman will understand your fear and rather spend time with you than miss a party, concert or whatever. Just be sure to let him know prior to the date that you will not leave the initial meeting place with him unless your friend can come along.
Those are just a few reasons and each person will benefit differently based on their character and personality. The precautions would also relate to conventional dating practices and not just internet dates.
So what are some of the drawbacks of internet dating?
- Do they smell?
- Are they really writing or just cut-and-pasting?
- Cameras and lighting can be manipulated to hide certain features (flaws).
- The photos in the ads maybe professionally done or retouched and not be a true reflection of the person
As with the benefits, there are other downsides to internet dating that aren’t listed and will vary from person to person.
So who is the best internet dating service? That’s a hard question to answer because there are so many variables and there is no one best service. I say the best dating site is the one you find what you are looking for on. Luckily, most are free to join, although you will get limited functionality and features of the program. But at least you can get an idea of the types or kinds of people who have joined that particular internet dating service. There are more and more online dating services that are specific to certain groups like – people who are in the service, Christian dating, pet lovers dating, and so on. The major dating sites will have these people as well, you’ll just need to sift through the members to find out if someone shares your passions or hobbies. What it boils down to is that the more people to select from, the better your chances of finding a match.